Global Day of Jewish Learning
1pm Unorthodox Podcast; 3pm Workshops
REE with Registration
Words matter. From ancient arguments to modern meanings, from raising our voices to remaining silent, words have power. Words can create. Words can harm or heal. Words can explain, or they can obscure. Even our silences speak volumes. On Global Day of Jewish Learning, join your Cincinnati community as communities around the world gather locally to discuss words and their impact on our lives, using Jewish texts as a starting point for conversations.
The day will feature a live recording with the Unorthodox Podcast*, as well as leading thinkers, rabbis, and scholars. We will explore Jewish wisdom and the way our words influence our thoughts and the world.
Global Day of Jewish Learning is a designated day each year when Jewish communities across the globe study a shared theme from a variety of perspectives rooted in Jewish texts. This year’s theme is Words Matter – Speaking Volumes.
For 2019, Global Day of Jewish Learning is part of the We Need to Talk series, featuring:
- Global Day Schedule
- 1:00 pm– 2:30pm Opening: Live recording of Unorthodox podcast, a fresh, fun take on Jewish culture and news.
- 2:30 pm – 3:00pm: Coffee & Shmooze
- 3:00 pm – 3:30pm: Listening Exercise – facilitated by community leaders trained at Resetting the Table.
- 3:30 pm– 4:40pm: Workshops with local scholars and rabbis.
- 4:45 pm– 5:00pm: Closing call to action – Katie Vogel, Co-founder of & President of Havayah Community.
We Need to Talk is presented by the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, and its Jewish Community Relations Council, in partnership with the Mayerson JCC.
*The views expressed by Unorthodox are not endorsed by the Mayerson JCC or the editors of Tablet magazine. They are solely the views of the hosts and of the show and their guests.